------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Monday, October 18, 2010

Chicki Pot Pie Chiki Pot Pie!


What's warm and gooey and spicy and flaky all over? Why it's chiki pot pie! ("No, duh." you say having read the title already.). Well anyway yesterday night I wanted something warm and gooey to ward off the bitter chill that permeated my bones, and since I do not eat meat (and yet still crave it) I realized a "meaty" substitute could be this dish. What I planned and what I ende with were a bit different. I had planned to maybe put in some mock chicken or tofu flavored with chicken. I did neither and simply used chicken soup flavor.
I de-frozified some mixed veggies in the microwave (zappity zap), then sauted them with onions and potatoes. To this I simply added celery soup or mushroom (whatever your little heart desires) added flaked peppers (yes there is more than one kind), salt, any other seasoning and herbs and spices you like. It's fine, what you add in, this ain't no gourmet kitchen. As long as you like the flavor, I'm just giving you the basic idea. I then added cold water to my betty crocker pie dough mix, rolled and layed out (cake pan, casserole dish, muffin tin!), filled, and baked at 350F. Yummy Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment