------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rocks n Minerals

I've collected rocks ever since I could use my brainwaves in such a thoughtful effort. My early efforts were oft thwarted by my mother who considered her rock collecting child a retard and threw away her preciouses. But the retard prevailed and today clutches her measly collection to her chest each night.


Have you ever seen a rock? I mean each one is different, just in your backyard alone you can find so many different ones, striped, glowy, granite, quartz. Here in NJ, I can find a good mix, and when I let the rain wash them for about a year, you can really see the colors pop. I've collected samples from.....Pennsylvania, which seemed to have granites (and others I need to ID). South Carolina had lots of Quartz. And these below, pics I took from the Carnegie Museum, are some freaking mindblowing minerals that good mother earth has spat up.

































2 comments:

  1. Nice pics! How is your collecting going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done anything more, have not really traveled. Had a couple of rocks from a trip overseas but luggage limits were killing me!

    ReplyDelete