------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I can't make jello

I'm guessing jello is the dessert that even people who cannot cook bring to dinner parties and family reunions, just so they feel like they brought something. Something so easy they have nothing to do but boil water and stir. Put it into a mold to look like a pretty gem, something, anything to take away from the fact that you made jello while your sister in law made a croquembouche.

I made a fruit jello, the EASIEST recipe out there. I mixed a can of pineapple bits with a pack of jello, just like the recipe instructed to all the little kindergarten cooks out there. I proudly flipped over my mold, in the presence of my sister, exclaiming how "yummy" it was going to taste. I heard this little 'glip' and the entire 'jello' poured out like melted jam. Life sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment