------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cauliflower Soup.....really


So I tried to make a creamy soup out of Cauliflower, who knew it to be possible, most certainly not I. I came upon this recipe in a food blog, 101 cookbooks, I think it was. Of course being me, described as a donkey by my father (I've been told I do things opposite of what I've been told, supposedly like donkey??), I can't follow recipes. It makes me cringe to go 'by the book', makes me feel rigid like some uptight school marm in neck high, black dresses with 50psi corsets. MAybe it is my brain, I think I can do things better---I can't. But I keep trying! Again like a donkey. Whatever.

Cauliflower soup --didn't taste bad actually, bit thick I made it though.

Splashes of olive oil, with minced garlic cloves (5), dried rosemary, crushed pepper, 1/2 ts cumin, and a spike of Chinese hot garlic/pepper sauce, kept over a warm stove for 10 min while I....

Chopped 1/2 cauliflower, 1 small potato, 2 stalks of celery, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup bell peppers red and green.


I added the onions, let sautee for 10 minutes, then added everything else.

Added 1 veggie boulean cube with 2 cups water, let cook till soft. Cool, and blended. Then as needed kosher salt+lemon salt+black pepper.

People add cheddar and etc cheeses as well. I did'nt, but some cheddar mightv'e been good.

Nice spicy, healthy soup. Added coriander leaves as garnish. People add milk, but it was quite creamy in itself. I think I could have added the whole onion, and double the celery for more flavor. Keeping the salt at the end helped me not oversalt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment