------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Monday, February 16, 2009

Shows going Stale...

As I was watching my latest sc-fi show, it occured to me that most shows seem to go 'stale' for me. There are quite few that after the first season or two excite me enough to run to the tv at the correct time and groan in real physical pain if I missed the first 30 seconds.

X-Files kept me stuck to the television until the final season with Mulder and Scully in it together. Unforatunatly, they kept the show going with Mr. Evil Terminator and Miss. So Gay (forum fans know that one...) even after Mulder departed for non-hollywood. As a personal point of ARGGGHHHH, hair pulling, after years of a cool sister arc including being cloned to just mention ONE, they dump it into the lap of a child abductor??!! No really??? What a stinkin pile of Dren.

If you have never watched EVERWOOD, the most wonderful show ever, you can thank some dumb bimbo at WB for shutting the show down in favor of some dumb bimbo show that got cancelled afer like 3 episodes anyway. Everwood had a different storyline every episode that didn't bore you, it dealt with 'reality' based storylines. If you watch WB shows, where every spoiled little teeny bopper female sleeps with /seduces every other teen bopper hearthrob boy, it gets old fast. Everwood may not have had hearthrobs, fashion trends, and party tips but it did have a feeling of comfort..... Holy Frell, am I like getting old? Ew.

Lost is a show that really keeps me on my toes, things just keep happening on that show. Even the main characters are game for something happening to them, dying etc........ It really manages to rope in sci-fi and fantasy but at such a small quiet level, that you mostly just consider the show to be drama or action. The storylines blend perfectly together to create wide story arcs and yet each individual ep has it's own action. Really must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment