------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Monday, February 9, 2009

My fav anime's....

Ever since I was introduced to anime with Escaflowne, I was in love. I had never before seen "cartoons" with such great graphics, scenery, and deep, powerful, and interesting storylines. Escaflowne has both a movie and show out, the latter is what I speak about. If you are not into reading subtitled stuff, worry not. Escaflowne was in English, it actually aired on Fox, every Saturday morning. It is a complex storyline, surprising, and SHOCKING (sister, wtf?!? for those of you who get it), and funny.

I once thought I could never watch anything with subs, I was wrong. The first 5 minutes of an anime would annoy me, then before I knew it, I did'nt even realize the voices were foreign. Just got into the flow of reading. Same with Pans Labyrinth, talk about it below, somewhere, not anime, but beautiful movie.

Howls Moving Castle, is another great anime movie, based on a book by Diana Jones, only anime-fied. Sophie, a hat girl is cursed into a 90 year old woman and helps out a wizard in his moving castle with his majickal friends. Great one.

Akira, really good movie, bit old. From what I remember (saw it a while ago), about a boy with vast mental abilities, corrupt governement scientists, psychics, bike gangs, deep storyline. Good one.

Inuyasha the series is really good, though after a while the episodes started to get 'clone-y', meaning it seemed like they always discovered a monster, fought it, and went on their way. I still recomend watching it, at least till you personally get bored if at all. Amazing scenery, monsters, story ideas, I loved it. About a girl who meets a half demon half boy and must collect pieces of a crystal before the evil Naraku does. Lots of characters to enjoy.

Princess Mononoke, really good movie. It was actually one of the highest grossing films in Japan until Titanic came along, and pushed it down. movie is older, and about the fight between basically, nature and industrialization/forest killing. Good movie.

Spirited Away, is about a girl whose parents are turned into pigs by a witch, the girl goes to a fantasy land to get her parents back, makes friends, and help others. Good movie and I just found out, it BEAT yes BEAT Titanic in Japan. Won an Academy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment